Torment, shivering, blazing sensation, deadness and shortcoming in muscles are a portion of the manifestations of nerve harm. Perused this article on the most proficient method to recuperate nerve harm to dispose of the risky results of this condition.
All the functions of human body are controlled by the nervous system. It controls the heartbeat, senses, breathing, and many such vital functions. Nervous system is broadly divided into parts: central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. Central nervous system is associated with the brain and spinal cord, whereas the peripheral nervous system works with the help of nerves. There are thousands of nerves which carry signals from the body and take them to the brain and then take the message from the brain and convey it to the particular part of the body for further process. But there may be many causes which may result in nerve damage that can hinder the functioning of the body. Hence, to get rid of this problem you need to know how to heal nerve damage. Keep reading for detailed information.
Causes of Nerve Damage
There are basically three types of nerves: autonomic nerves, motor nerves and sensory nerves. Autonomic nerves are involved in the involuntary functions of the body, motor nerves control the voluntary function and sensory nerves maintain communication between the autonomic nerves and motor nerves. If any of the nerve is damaged it may result in the dysfunction of many organs. Following are some of the nerve damage causes.
- Any kind of nerve compression may result in nerve damage. This may include pinched nerve, crush injury, carpal tunnel, etc.
- Diabetes can damage the functioning of all the types of nerves, but the most affected ones are the sensory nerves which may result in numbness.
- Many autoimmune diseases like myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, etc. may also damage the nerves.
- Cancer may show many harmful effects on the nerves. Firstly the growth of the cancerous cells may result in crushing of the nerves and then its treatment which is usually done with the help of radiations which may affect the nerves to a great extend.
- Infections such as HIV, hepatitis, etc. can also cause damage to the nerves.
- Many neuron diseases may directly affect the functioning of the nerves.
- Nerve damage may also be caused due to various medications and toxic drugs.
How to Heal a Damaged Nerve
Nerve damage can be caused due to many reasons. Numbness, pale color on the affected areas, burning, tingling, pain, blisters, memory loss, weakness, constipation, etc. are some of the symptoms of damaged nerves. These symptoms can get critical, if not taken care of in time. Following are some of the points on nerve damage repair which may be helpful in getting rid of this condition.
- The first thing to do is to find out the reason behind the nerve damage. This will help in getting rid of the condition completely.
- A hot bath or shower may ease the pain and may enhance the blood circulation. Improved blood circulation will speed up the recovery of nerves.
- Take half cup of milk and mix 2 crushed garlic cloves in it. Having garlic milk will relieve you from pain.
- Make a paste of honey and cinnamon and apply it on the affected area. Then rinse it after 20 to 30 minutes. It will help you to overcoming the damaged nerve pain.
- Vitamins can be very helpful in overcoming the problem of damaged nerves. Vitamin B is considered to be the most effective one as it regenerates the myelin sheath which surrounds the nerves. Vitamin E is also quite helpful in getting rid of this condition.
- Daily intake of soy milk can also be very beneficial in treating damaged nerve.
- Doctor may advice you to take tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsant drugs which may be very helpful in increasing the sensitivity and ease the pain caused due to nerve damage.
- Physical therapist may advice you therapeutic exercise, manual manipulation, electrical stimulation, heat, massage, etc. to stimulate the nerves to get back into function.
- Many acupuncture therapies are also considered to be effective in nerve damage treatment.
- Creating an all new nerve from a nano-sized nerve part is one of the recent option used by the scientists. Though researches are still going on to improve and make this treatment more effective, it is available for people.
You can go for the natural treatments to at least ease the pain but consult a doctor if you are not able to get relief from the pain. The medical treatments to heal nerve damage should be taken under the guidance of an experienced doctor. Whatever treatment you opt you need to give proper rest to the affected part. This will help in the speedy recovery of the damaged nerve. So, maintain a healthy diet, carry on with your regular exercise, follow the advice of your doctors and take rest.